Providence is calling a full time RN Patient Care Coordinator for Providence TrinityCare Hospice & Home Health in Burbank, CA.
This is an office-based position located at Providence St Joseph Medical Center, and is eligible for a $5000 sign-on bonus, for external applicants
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining positive customer relationships in order to increase referrals for Home Health, Hospice / Palliative Care, Transitional Care Units, and other services within assigned accounts.
- Work with discharge planners, facility staff, physicians, and individuals to assess appropriateness for hospice and home health services, and facilitate the coordination of services and to ensure there is appropriate documentation for compliance with agency and statutory guidelines to manage the transition of the patient from an acute care facility to the patient's home or next location of residence.
- Provide consultation and informational presentations regarding end of life care and home health; sharing expertise through in-services on pain and symptom management options; serving as a clinical resource and educator for physicians, facility staff, patients, families and community on Home Health, Hospice / Palliative Care or other issues in various settings and facilities.
- Coordinate closely with Account Representative to build referral volumes in assigned accounts and develop opportunities for educational outreach that will enhance service awareness and access.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse ( RN ).
- Minimum 2-years RN experience
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Valid driver's license and current auto insurance
- Computer skills/knowledge, including experience with electronic medical charting
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Marketing and/or community outreach experience
- Recent experience in hospice, palliative care or home health is strongly preferred
- Discharge Planning experience a plus
About the hospice you will serve:
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Other Location(s): California-Burbank
Req ID: 137354