Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Clinical Diabetes Educator \(1\.0, Days\) to work in the Diabetes Education Center at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Clinical Diabetes Educator participates in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the diabetes education program at the Swedish Diabetes Education Center\.
In this position you will:
- Educate patients about diabetes, self\-management in the individual or group settings
- Assess patients self\-care needs and his/her ability to manage diabetes
- Plan and conduct continuing education programs in diabetes for allied professionals and the general public
- Assess the needs of the patient and family, formulating educational plans, implementing the plan and revises as needed
- Communicate information and coordinate patient care with appropriate members of the health care team
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current state Registered Nursing Licensure
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Previous nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Previous nursing experience in a community health or ambulatory care setting
- Experience in teaching and public speaking
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 148231