Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.65 FTE, Days\) to work for the Reid Family Innovative Therapeutics Unit at the Swedish Cancer Institute at the First Hill Campus in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation\.
In this position you will:
- Provide clinical nursing care for privately, federally and/or commercially sponsored research activities
- Be accountable and responsible on a continuing basis for providing medications \(including investigational medications, chemotherapy and biologic therapy\), blood products, and conducting procedures with the ambulatory patient at the direction of an LIP
- Participate in collection of research data per protocol as directed by study team
- Organize and collaborate care between the physician's clinic, research team, and the Reid Family ITU
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS required and ACLS certification required within 1 month of hire
- Completion of the Oncology Nursing Society \(ONS\) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course, required within 1 month of hire
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in an acute care setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology Certified Nurse
- IV Therapy certification
- One year of current oncology infusion or critical care nursing experienceOutpatient experience
- IV skills preferred or must be able to train within the first three months of employment
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 143691