As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Nursing Assistant on our Ortho/ Rehab unit to join our team in Wilmington, Delaware. This position is full-time, 60 hours every two weeks with Rotating shifts and weekend and holiday requirements.
This position is responsible for: Assisting with general activities of the patient care unit and assist the health care team with performance of patient care activities, under the direction and guidance of a Registered Nurse.
Essential Functions –
1. Ensures an adequate stock of all necessary equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels.
2. Ensures a clean and safe patient care unit.
3. Assists patients with activities of daily life (bath, feed, play, etc.) and provides other patient care as directed.
4. Assures all supplies are accurately charged.
5. Contacts pharmacy, dietary, and other departments as designated by the Registered Nurse.
6. Collects patient specimens (blood, urine, stool, other per policy), paying close attention to patient safety, comfort and accuracy of information.
7. Uses Hospital Information Systems as required for patient care, (e.g. documenting vital signs and patient care activities.)
8. Accurately relays information from physicians, nurses, laboratory personnel and others.
9. Transports patients and delivers reports, supplies, etc., to other patient units or Institute locations as needed.
10. Courteously and professionally covers patient care unit front desk as needed. This includes promptly answering telephones, greeting patients, sending reports, distributing, sorting, or processing mail, entering orders, managing medical record, etc.
11. Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
12. Participates in unit, departmental and hospital education programs.
13. Attends unit/departmental meetings regularly.
14. Demonstrates proficiency in the care of patients of all ages; neonates, infants, toddlers, school aged, adolescents and adults.
Nursing student currently enrolled in BSN Nursing program preferred
Minimum 1 year patient care experience preferred.
Able to read and write accurately.
Able to understand laboratory orders, computer information, and some medical terminology.
Able to obtain specimens, including blood specimens, from a patient population that is primarily pediatric and often ill, handicapped, or restricted in some way.
Current AHA Healthcare Provider (HCP) Certification
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is a pediatric health system of hospitals and specialty clinics serving children and families throughout the Delaware Valley and Florida. Our dedicated professionals integrate medical care, research, health education, and prevention to help improve the lives of children every day.