Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Essential Job Functions:
Provides physical therapy services under the orders of a qualified individual.
1. Evaluates patients effectively for therapy services within 24 hours of receiving orders.
2. Obtains orders/makes recommendations for changes in treatment plan with M.D.
3. Assesses, plans, implements treatment plan per policy guidelines and identified patient needs.
4. Completes documentation accurately per Title 22 (evaluation, wkly note, and discharge note).
5. Attends interdisciplinary rounds/ meetings as necessary.
6. Delegateï¿½s portions of therapy appropriately to appropriate support staff for overall department efficiency.
7. Makes a recommendation for next level of care.
8. Includes patient/family goals consistently for all patients.
9. Recognizes changes in a patients condition and communicates effectively with the team and physician to adjust the treatment plan.
10. Demonstrates a complete knowledge of body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patients. Uses safety and care in transferring, lifting, walking and gait training of patients.
11. Demonstrates ability to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric age groups. Has good working knowledge of development sequence.
Therapist will consistently meet billing and productivity expectations.
1. Billing in completed accurately (matches treatment notes) on a daily basis. Therapist ensures this information in entered daily before the end of the business day.
2. Productivity standard is met consistently on a daily basis.
3. No delinquent documentation.
Continuing education/involvement with students:
Therapists will strive to continuously add to knowledge base and encourage the same with other staff members.
1. Attends at least two seminars per year to improve clinical skills. (May complete one as a .edu module).
2. Provides at least one inservice per year for Clinical information.
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain Physical Therapist License in the State of California and current California Physical Therapist license. Current American Heart Association Healthcare provider BLS certification.
B. Minimum Experience: One year experience in general acute preferred.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates ability to work as an interdisciplinary team member. Must be willing to cross train to multiple areas. Demonstrates good working knowledge of Title 22, JCAHO standards and county regulations. Strong communication/people skills. Possess the skills necessary to perform evaluations of patients in ages ranging from pediatric to geriatric.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Physical Therapy
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905037381
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.