Banner Health believes Leadership matters and is crucial to providing excellent patient care. We look for people who share our vision, making health care easier, so life can be better.
Join our leadership team at Banner Desert Medical Center and be part of an amazing team of professionals. Our state-of-the-art Level 1 Trauma Facility and Medical Imaging department specializes in high level care to patients with multiple complex diseases. As one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals we are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals.
As a Senior Manager on this team, you will help oversee professional team members across various modalities in which to support the Medical Imaging operations on this large, busy campus. ARRT/MRTBE/BLS required. Level I trauma hospital imaging experience is highly preferred.
This is a full time, day shift, exempt level position: Monday-Friday 8A-4:30P with flexibility in hours as needed by the department.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides operational, financial, managerial and/or clinical support within the assigned departments/areas. This position supervises employees and participates in selection, orientation, counseling, evaluation and staff scheduling. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively.
2. Provides and/or facilitates patient centered care, and/or other related activities, and promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning.
3. Serves as a resource and provides leadership assistance to achieve optimal clinical, operational, financial, and satisfaction outcomes. Acts as a consultant within the organization. Collaborates with all departments to assist with patient flow and process improvement.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department. Works with staff to make necessary changes. May analyze data and healthcare trends to gain efficiencies and improve patient outcomes.
5. Participates in the development of the department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
6. Maintains clinical competencies and certifications as required. Responsible for QA/QI management and assures compliance with regulatory agencies and laws.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to department practices. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. May perform prescribed procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
9. Provides operational and managerial leadership to department of the assigned facility/facilities. May provide patient care as needed. May assist and/or be responsible for department budget. Participates/leads committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of department staff and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, typically achieved through 5+ years experience and supervisory experience in imaging or diagnostic specialty.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or modality qualified licensure (NMTCB, ARDMS, ARMRIT). Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Advanced certification by accrediting body in specialty required (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography), if applicable. BLS certification required.
Must have considerable experience with appropriate patient population in the area of responsibility. Must demonstrate leadership ability, effective communication skills, and human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7719
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.