Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: Varied Hours: Varied
N ew Graduate Registered Nurse RN Residency Program
G raduate Nurse Residency January 2021
The Graduate Nurse Residency Program is a full-time RN position that creates a seamless educational transition into the nursing world. This position offers an exceptional experience for new RN graduates to continue to learn and grow in their nursing career while assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to a designated group of patients. Graduate nurse residents are expected to remain full-time on one unit for the entire year of the program, as well as actively participate in all learning opportunities that are offered.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- New or recent RN graduate beginning clinical practice.
- Active RN license in the state or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required on telemetry units within 12 months.
W hen submitting your application please attach a professional portfolio to include the following documents:
* Resume - Include all education and experience, including dates.
* Cover letter - Start with "Dear Nurse Manager," and introduce yourself and your goals.
* Unofficial transcript - This can be found on your school's website.
* Clinical narrative - Your narrative will be most beneficial if you write about a specialty where you hope to interview.
In addition to a rewarding career and educational experience, we offer great benefits including but not limited to:
* Paid Time Off
* Medical Benefits (No waiting period)
* Dental and Vision Benefits
* Elder Care/Child Care Resources
* Life Insurance
If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Internal Number: 18546
About Penn State Health
At Penn State Hershey, our mission is to enhance the quality of life and serve our community through improved health, the education of health professionals, and the discovery of knowledge. For us, service excellence is not only for our patients but also our employees. It means valuing each and every employee.