An important piece to delivering exceptional patient care falls on medical imaging, the team that helps with detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities. Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
The Department of Pediatrics is comprised of 13 Pediatric Specialty groups as well as 4 General Pediatric Practices who hold clinics at 6 main clinical locations and outreach locations throughout the state of Arizona and in partnership with the Banner Diamond Children's Medical Center. The Department employs over 300 clinical and research staff as well as over 100 faculty members serving the Pediatric populations in the Tucson, Yuma, Sierra Vista, Wilcox, Safford, Douglas and Nogales areas.
The Department of Pediatrics supports the Academic mission in partnership with the University of Arizona through our residency and medical student programs as well as research funding through our philanthropic partner the Steel Children's Foundation.
We pride ourselves as being part of a family-oriented, innovative team supporting our faculty and clinical practices with cutting edge technology and educating the future doctors of tomorrow in the newest advancements in Pediatric Primary Care and Sub-Specialty services. Our Pediatric Cardiology program supports patients through our Pediatric Congenital and Non Congenital, Adult Congenital and Fetal programs throughout the Tucson market in both the inpatient and outpatient arena. We also support patients in surrounding communities through our outreach clinical services in Nogales, Sierra Vista and Douglas. At present we are striving to develop and expand our Fetal and Cardiothoracic Surgical services in which our Pediatric Sonography team actively participates in program development and clinical case reviews. We are IAC accredited in Fetal, Pediatrics and TEE echo services.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans for adequate resource management in relation to equipment, instrumentation and supplies for a pediatric echocardiography department. Supervises staff and serves as a resource to staff, providers, providers' office staff, vendors and other departments. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population. Independently performs the most complex echocardiography studies for the diagnosis of heart disease in the pediatric population and congenital heart disease in adult patients. May perform prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position works effectively with Medical Director and Cardiovascular Service Line Director to guide the development of short and long term objectives for the pediatric echocardiography department, that are consistent with operational needs.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Interviews, selects and hires qualified department staff that can make a significant contribution. Conducts performance management sessions according to policies and guidelines. Demonstrates effective communication skills, problems solving, and conflict resolution in the management of the assigned clinical service lines, keeping the appropriate people informed.
2. Plans care for patients in the specific modality by managing the daily schedule and ensuring adequate staff are available for the shift. Works with specialty providers and providers' offices in regard to coordinating resources. Collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care.
3. Serves as a specialty resource to patient, families, providers, providers' offices and various internal departments (i.e. operating room staff, ED, nursing floors, etc) in interpreting department, facility and system policies, and facilitating medical care. Seen as the clinical expert in the specific specialty.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of goals/objectives, and oversees quality management activities within the clinical service lines.
5. Prioritizes and plans for specialty resources, working with the department management team to meet financial goals.
6. Participates and/or coordinates the educational objectives of the pediatric echocardiography laboratory.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the echocardiography practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
9. This position functions within the pediatric echocardiography department of the assigned facility. Provides input regarding department budget and operations and participates on committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer in Pediatric Echocardiography (RDCS-PE), or a Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS). BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with minimum of three to five years of experience in pediatric echocardiography. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Health care related Bachelor's degree and prior supervisory experience preferred. Current or recent (past 12 months) experience in cardiac critical care setting as a Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6958
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.