Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position addresses the unique developmental needs of children from birth to 18 years of age, and their families, to reduce the stress accompanying hospitalization by providing child-friendly, family-centered care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides opportunities for and facilitates a variety of play and activity forms, which promote self-healing, self-expression, understanding and mastery. Uses developmentally appropriate methods in preparing children and families for diagnostic and treatment procedures.
2. Extends support and offers counsel to family members, with respect to their own stress and needs. Supports family bonds and utilizes family strengths in the care of the child. Offers counsel specific to the impact of health care experience.
3. Provides consultation on the impact of environmental factors on the child's adaptation to hospitalization and treatment. Utilizes stress reduction techniques to facilitate adaptive coping. Provides emotional support during identified stress points.
4. Provides child health care education. Provides or cooperates with programs, which assure continuity in the child's normal life experience, e.g. school programs, personal and holiday celebrations.
5. Provides inter-disciplinary in-service on child development and the impact of illness, injury, and hospitalization on children and families.
6. Provides consultation to the health care team regarding the developmental status and individual needs of children to promote adaptation to treatment. Documents Child Life services in the patient's care record, as well as program service statistics.
7. Although based in Pediatrics, incumbent may be assigned to serve in the Emergency Department, the Perioperative Areas, or the Outpatient Treatment Center, in addition to general Pediatrics and Pediatric Intensive Care. Incumbent may also be called to consult in any area of the hospital where there are children. The position will serve one facility, but will consult with other facilities at any time in keeping with the purpose of the position. The internal customers served by this position are the patients and their families, as well as volunteers. The external customers are individuals and groups in the community who contact the department with requests, or offers of assistance.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Child Life or related field, and a completed 480 hour Child Life internship supervised by a CCLS. Requires Professional Child Life Certification, or eligibility for Certification. Those without current Child Life Certification will be required to obtain Certification within one year of hire.
The incumbent must possess strong skills in the following areas: growth and development, play and activities, the learning process, coping, assessment, interventions to prevent emotional trauma, collaboration with other health professionals, and a basic understanding of children's illnesses and medical terminology.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R15430
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.