In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. There's more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that's right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Senior Intraop Surgical Technologist to join our team at McKee Medical Center in Loveland. This is a full-time day position. If you are interested, please apply today! Starting pay rate for this position is $23.37/hr - $35.06/hr depending on education and experience.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
McKee Medical Center is a 132-bed, acute-care hospital in Loveland, Colo., a vibrant arts community located 40 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park. Our hospital offers an array of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, obstetrical, pediatric, orthopedic, surgical, heart, cancer, and critical care. The McKee Cancer Center and McKee Breast Center are among Northern Colorado's leading cancer diagnosis and treatment facilities. McKee is also a Level III trauma center. We are the only hospital in the Rocky Mountain region to be designated an Epicenter for robotic-assisted gynecological surgery by Intuitive Surgical, the manufacturer of the daVinci surgical robot. Our physicians, nurses and other health care professionals can train on state-of-the-art computerized patient simulation mannequins in our simulation center. McKee is accredited by The Joint Commission.
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. Participants in the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned. Is proficient to scrub on a minimum of 2 surgical specialties.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes minor adjustments or calls biomedical equipment staff. Checks schedule and plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery. Maintains competency to scrub in a minimum of 2 surgical specialties.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. Participants in or leads the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned.
7. May provide business support to the department including administravie tasks.
8. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Is proficient to scrub on at least 2 surgical specialties. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians, patient families and vendors or sales reps.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and current basic life support certification, also required is current certification as a surgical technologist.
Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency
This position requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 or more years of operating room experience and must be able to scrub proficiently on a minimum of 2 surgical specialties. The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from an accredited school of surgical technology is highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.