Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
2. One year of prior Womenâ��s Services experience and/or six months and a BSN
3. Attends IV Therapy training and/or demonstrates competency in intravenous therapy within one year
4. Must have current BCLS and NRP certifications
5. Advanced certification in specialty field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
1. Knowledge of general nursing theories and practice
2. Previous hospital experience preferred
3. Must have management and teaching ability
4. Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends and holiday due to staffing and census fluctuations
5. Must be able to assume the role of a Charge Nurse as needed/requested
Job: Obstetric/Women Wing/Labor & Delivery
Primary Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Facility: East Cooper Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.