Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
RN ICU FULL TIME DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
2. Successful completion of nursing service orientation program
3. Attends IV Therapy training and/or demonstrates competency in intravenous therapy within one year
4. Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
5. Maintains competency and/or certification specific to departmental requirements
6. Must have current BCLS, PALS and ACLS certifications
7. Advanced certification in specialty field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
1. Knowledge of general nursing theories and practice
2. Previous hospital experience preferred
3. Must have management and teaching ability
4. Must be able to effectively motivate and supervise others.
5. Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice
6. Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in difficult situations.
7. Must be able to work with the realization that errors in receiving and transcribing order, giving medications, treatments, or performing other procedures or performing supervisory duties could have detrimental effects to the patients.
8. Must have good verbal communications skills
9. Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members personnel
10. Discretion is required in handling confidential information
11. Must be able to work irregular sched
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Facility: East Cooper Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.