All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: AdventHealth Lake Wales-410 SOUTH 11TH STREET, LAKE WALES, 33853
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
Lake Wales is located in Central Florida in between Orlando and Tampa, and is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
Faith-based work environment
A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
The role you’ll contribute:
The Advanced Nurse Technician performs duties in compliance with the role and responsibilities specific to the competencies learned in Nursing School and under the direct observation of a licensed nurse (RN/LPN). Primary function is to assist with the basic care needs of the patient as well as to perform as assigned clinical skills which may include but are not limited to: basic care routines and procedures, vital signs, and blood glucose check skills. Proactively functions as a team member in the delivery of safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective patient care. Will assist in the care of the following patient populations; geriatrics, adult, adolescent and pediatric patients. Adheres to the essential practices for excellence in hand hygiene. Responsible to adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
1. Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living (ADL's). Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
2. Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner. These may include:
• Obtain and document vital signs per unit standards. Report abnormal finding to the licensed nurse in a prompt manner.
• Collects lab specimens as directed, per hospital standards
• Collects, reports and accurately documents intake and output information for assigned patient areas.
• Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.