Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
For over forty years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to keeping our community healthy through forward-thinking services and patient-centered care.
Now, Southwest Medical Associates, part of OptumCare®, is pleased to offer you a chance for a rewarding health care career.
OptumCare Nevada is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. OptumCare Nevada, part of Optum offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. OptumCare Nevada is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Our Pediatrics providers are all part of our Maternal Child Program, tailored to the unique needs of the patient and family. We offer a full range of pediatric services including newborn rounding, circumcisions, well-checks, and sick visits, and other general pediatrics. We’re looking for someone with the motivation and heart to provide experienced, compassionate, innovative and high-quality care to patients throughout Southern Nevada.
The Division Chief, Pediatrics is a member of the leadership team and responsible for the quality, cost and service levels of health care provided by the Pediatrics Division. This position works closely with the Senior Medical Director to supervise, direct, manage and evaluate all Pediatrics practice operations including hospital coverage. This position is also responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of activities in direct support of patient satisfaction, quality improvement, membership growth, utilization and quality management. This position is 80 percent clinical outpatient and 20 percent administrative.
- Provide leadership and communication for Pediatrics physician leaders, physicians and clinical staff
- Effective interviewing, selection, orientation, development and retention of Pediatrics providers
- Partner with operations to promote clinical process improvement and access enhancement
- Ensure effective quality assurance and risk management processes
- Ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with regulatory standards
- Ensure cost effective delivery of health care within the Pediatrics practice management operations
- Ensure that all NCQA and other accreditation standards are met
- Ensure ongoing professional medical management development programs including HEDIS measures
- Establish direct relationship with key departments including pharmacy, underwriting, medical adjudication, claims and provider relations, and assist with issues and/or concerns
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- An active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Board certification in a postgraduate clinical specialty
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of experience in an Pediatrics medical group practice
- 3+ years management experience and prior executive oversight experience in a clinical setting
- Experience in medical utilization management, medical quality assurance, quality improvement techniques, risk management and a prepaid environment
- Extensive knowledge of Pediatrics operations; strong knowledge of management practices, human relations, consensus building and collaborative ability
- Solid oral and written communication techniques and be professionally respected by peers; leadership ability; demonstrated expertise in the Pediatrics setting
Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $210,000 to $325,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.