Location: Wilmington, Delaware
4 East is a 24-bed general, specialty and subspecialty medical unit with a high population of patients requiring respiratory or gastrointestinal management. Each single patient room is equipped with oxygen, compressed air and suction, along with state-of-the-art cardiorespiratory bedside monitors and computers that enable the healthcare team to access a patient's electronic medical record. These computers are also used in the barcoding administration of medications which ensures patient safety by verifying that the correct medication is given to the appropriate child. This unit's goals are to provide high-quality, cost-effective, family-centered care. Family-centered care rounds are performed daily to assure an inter-professional approach and partnership with the patient and family.
Schedule: NIGHT SHIFT, full-time 60 hours biweekly, with every third weekend and every other holiday rotation.
JOIN THE NEMOURS NURSING TEAM!
The primary role of the Registered Nurse is to implement the patient care delivery model for the patient and their family. Additionally the registered nurse is responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, providing and evaluating, the care provided to assigned patients.
- You must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred, required to obtain within 3 years
- Inpatient Experience Preferred- Minimum of 2yrs experience preferred
- Must be eligible for Delaware State license (or compact license).
- BLS certification with the American Heart Association Required, PALS certification required to obtain within 1 year