Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: 2302710W
RN Case Mgr-Hospital & ED/Float-M-B - (2302710W)
Hours Per Pay Period: 48
Shift Length: 8 hours
Weekend Coverage: Every fourth weekend
Call Coverage: No
About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's Minnesota is one system serving kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, nine primary care clinics, multiple specialty clinics and seven rehabilitation sites. As The Kids Experts(tm) in our region, Children's Minnesota is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Find us on Facebook @childrensminnesota or on Twitter and Instagram @childrensmn. Please visit childrensMN.org.
The RN case manager promotes efficient and effective service delivery through enhanced
communication and coordination of the patient specific plan of care. Ensures the established
standard of care and expected outcomes are achieved in a timely manner while facilitating
appropriate resource utilization and enhancing customer satisfaction. The case manager proactively communicates with members of the healthcare team to ensure appropriate medical necessity for patients in beds; communicates with payers and patient/family/healthcare team regarding payer information as necessary. Ensures that care moves through the episode of care in a timely and efficient manner.
* Current MN RN license.
* Current BLS certification.
* Case Management certification recommended.
* BS/BA in nursing or ADN with BS/BA in relevant health care major.
* 2 years current nursing experience, pediatric preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to gather data, evidence, and best practice to be able to present a cogent
argument to physicians and payers related to level of care, continued stay, and plan of care
* Ability to challenge respectfully and negotiate successfully for optimal patient outcomes.
* Demonstrated problem solving ability which employs anticipation, creativity, resourcefulness and
sound judgment to make recommendations for change/plan based on data and clinical knowledge.
* Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team and form positive, collaborative relationships with
social work, hospital staff, patients, families and post-acute providers.
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills to anticipate needs, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and
effectively manage a caseload of work.
* Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and delegating work.
* Demonstrated ability to engage all staff (nurses, management, physicians and ancillary staff) to
facilitate a collaborative environment.
* Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor colleagues and other disciplines.
* Proficient with computers and programs.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
: May 24, 2023, 3:02:45 PM
: 80,704.00 - 124,820.80